Coconut Waffles with Pomegranate Syrup
Servings: 3-4 Belgian Waffles
Total time: 30 Minutes
- 1 ½ cups Gold Medal self-rising flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- (1) 13 .5 ounce can of coconut milk (about 1 cup coconut milk)
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 ½ cup shredded coconut, lightly toasted, plus more for garnish
- ¾ cup fresh/frozen Juicy Gems pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups pomegranate juice, such as POM
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix the Gold Medal self-rising flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt in a large bowl. In a medium size bowl, whisk the milk, coconut milk, coconut oil and eggs until combined. Mx the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with ¾ cup toasted coconut, careful not to overmix.
- Let mix rest for 10 minutes while the waffle iron is heating up.
- Spray a waffle iron with cooking spray and heat until the waffle iron is hot Cook the waffles in batches until golden brown. Top with additional toasted coconut and serve with Pomegranate Syrup.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat and add pomegranate seeds, pomegranate juice and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves and cook until reduced by half. Add 1 tablespoon of butter. Serve over hot waffles.