Pomegrante Fish Tacos
Total time: 1 hour
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup juicy gems pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup of freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of diced shallot
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- Sea salt or kosher salt, to taste
For the Fish:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice from 3 limes
- Sea salt and freshly grated pepper, to taste
- 1 pound of rock cod or tilapia
- Warmed corn tortillas
- Créme frîche
- Cilantro leaves and lime quarters
1. In a small bowl, combine the pomegranate seeds, lime juice, cilantro, shallot, jalapeño, and salt Toss gently with a spoon and then let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Add the olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl. Add the fish and toss to coat Let the fish hang out in the marinade for 15-20 minutes(no more).
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, pour off a little of the marinade into the skillet, then add the fish. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until it’s tender and flaky.
4. Serve the fish on warm tortillas, topped with pomegranate salsa, a few dollops of créme frîche and cilantro leaves. Serve the quartered limes alongside the tacos.
Recipe from: http://www.turntablekitchen.com/recipes/fish-tacos-with-pomegranate-salsa-why-home-cooking-is-important/